What is Periodontics?
Periodontics refers to the management of gum related problems. Gingivitis is the inflammation of gums caused by accumulated plaque and tartar. Periodontitis is severe gingivitis that involves loss of the underlying bone. Teeth gradually become mobile and you may eventually lose them.
- Finish the whole course of antibiotic(s), Take after food
- Rinse mouth with antiseptic mouthwash for 7 days, twice daily
- Take pain killers when necessary according to dosage instructions
- Stop medication if rashes appear or swelling of eyes appears and call us
Post Treatment Instruction
- Bleeding and swollen gums are common after periodontal treatment
- You will experience numbness for about 2 hours or more
- Pain and swelling will last approximately about 3 to 5 days
- Soft diet is advisable and avoid hot food and drinks
Make An Appointment
Open from Mondays to Sundays
Closed on public holidays
Please call 6538 2001 or fill in our online appointment form.